The Liebster Award
It is always a lovely surprise when I find that someone has left positive feedback about my blog. So being nominated for my very first award by the lovely Betty from Fictional Creation defiantly made my day!
A little about the award
As far as I understand it, the Liebster Award is generated to recognise new bloggers (like me) and to encourage a bit of traffic to up and coming blogs. With this nomination there are a series of rules that I have been asked to follow..
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you. (That list is below the nominations.)
3. You must nominate 5 – 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominations are made and received simply in the spirit of community and it’s not the end of the world for anyone if you choose to just ignore it.
1. What is one thing you would like to achieve with your blog?
I would like to pass on my experiences good or bad of places I have travelled to, as my own travels have benefitted greatly from reading other bloggers experiences.
2. What’s your favourite way of expressing yourself?
Usually through photography – I do not go anywhere without my camera.
3. If you were an animal, what would you be?
A bird, one that migrated across continents so I could discover the world for free.
4. Where’s your perfect place to relax?
In the countryside away from all the day to day distractions.
5. What’s your favourite book?
An ‘African Love Story: Love, Life and Elephants’ a memoir to Dame Daphne Sheldrick’s incredible life and work. I was inspired to read this following my visit to The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust’s Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi.
6. If you were a superhero, what super power would you have?
The ability to fly.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I would love to spend an extended period of time exploring the continent of Africa.
8. What’s your favourite time of the day?
Biased by my love of photography it has to be sunrise, as the light is perfect and the wildlife is most active.
9. Book or movie?
10. Summer, winter, spring or fall?
Spring, when the world is beginning to wake again and the days are getting longer.
Now for my nominees (in no particular order):
- Cameron & Keri
- Take a Hike Photography
- Emily Polar’s Adventures
- Steve Upton Photography
- Emma Make Peace
- Chris on Tour
Should my nominees wish to accept this nomination my questions are:
1. What inspired you to create a blog?
2. If you could live in any country other than your own where would you live?
3. What is the most adventurous thing you have done?
4. Name one thing you hope to do in 2014.
5. Countryside or city?
6. What can you not live without?
7. Name one skill you wish you had?
8. What do you think is the best and worst about blogging?
9. Name one country you will never ever visit. Why not?
10. What is your favourite weather?